Whilst working to reduce the use of agrichemical in the citrus industry, Citrus Australia recognises the importance of effective products that assist industry to produce high quality, safe citrus and deliver it to market.
Citrus Australia supports agrichemical policy that:
- Recognises R&D outcomes of suitable partner countries, adopting label rates and use patterns as recommended by appropriately certified agrichemical authorities
- Recognises the importance of access to agrichemical in the use of emergency/outbreak and works to streamline the processes
- Supports independent risk-based assessment of agrichemical in Australia
- Works with industry to streamline national and state-based regulation where appropriate
- Enables access to new chemistry
A listing of citrus export MRLs has been provided through an ongoing Horticulture Innovation Australia funded project. Citrus Australia’s Agrichemical Manager Alison MacGregor updates these regularly. Find them on the Export Marketing page.
More to come in 2020.
Citrus Australia’s recent news on Agrichemicals
14 May 2019 – MFC works with growers on chemical use
23 April 2019 – Better spray coverage best way to improve production, reduce disease resistance