NEW INFORMATION TO BE POSTED HERE IN 2020. WATCH THIS SPACE.
People employed in the citrus industry have the right to a safe work environment and are entitled to a fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work. Much of the work in the citrus industry is seasonal, physical and time critical.
To that end, Citrus Australia:
- Supports the piece rate as a motivation for efficiency and reward
- Supports the Seasonal Worker Program as a core component to a stable seasonal workforce
- Supports legislation that recognises the variability of horticultural workplaces
- Supports raising the superannuation threshold from $450 a month
- Opposes industrial manslaughter rules
- Opposes expansion of penalty rates
- Promotes a uniform and efficient national labour hire contractor registration process and system, including no under payment and misuse of piece work agreements.
View further information on labour by following the below links:
Citrus Australia’s recent news on Labour
23 December 2019 – New labour agreement will aid citrus industry growth
6 November 2019 – Citrus Australia calls for Government to remove ‘toxic tax’ on agriculture