NEW INFORMATION TO BE POSTED HERE IN 2020. WATCH THIS SPACE.
Irrigation practices in the Australian citrus industry continue to evolve through the adoption of new technologies.
Citrus Australia is committed to sustainability, efficiency and productivity in the management and use of water resources.
Citrus Australia supports policy that:
- Delivers water in a reliable and cost-effective way
- Supports adoption of efficient water use
- Supports compliance and metering of water use
- Promotes sustainable access to water and water infrastructure
- Recognises the citrus industry’s value to rural and regional economies and the water efficiency measures already made in the citrus industry
- Supports and promotes compliance of water licensing including metering of use throughout the irrigation industry
Citrus Australia’s recent news on Water
16 December 2019 – Citrus Australia endorses Victorian Government move to increase water market transparency
9 September 2019 – Citrus Australia calls for immediate changes to water market