Research & Development
NEW INFORMATION TO BE POSTED HERE IN 2020. WATCH THIS SPACE.
Investment in research and development (R&D) and innovation is vital for ongoing growth and improvement in the productivity, profitability, competitiveness and sustainability of Australia’s citrus industry.
Citrus Australia supports policy that:
- Ensures efficient use of the grower levy
- Invests in the Citrus Industry Strategic Investment Plan
- Improves security of tenure for core skills
- Develops a field of applied scientists motivated by industry outcomes
- Centralises co-ordination of R&D for efficient delivery
- Encourages collaboration with international researchers for efficiency
- Is industry driven
Citrus Australia’s recent news on Research & Development
30 April 2021 – Postharvest evaluation of a new electrolysed water sanitiser system
15 April 2021 – R&D Roadshows – Sunraysia, Riverland and Riverina
15 April 2021 – Afourer trial aims to improve long-term yields