People employed in the citrus industry have the right to a safe work environment and are entitled to a fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work. Much of the work in the citrus industry is seasonal, physical and time critical.
To that end, Citrus Australia:
- Supports the piece rate as a motivation for efficiency and reward
- Supports the Seasonal Worker Program as a core component to a stable seasonal workforce
- Supports legislation that recognises the variability of horticultural workplaces
- Supports raising the superannuation threshold from $450 a month
- Opposes industrial manslaughter rules
- Opposes expansion of penalty rates
- Promotes a uniform and efficient national labour hire contractor registration process and system, including no under payment and misuse of piece work agreements.
Citrus Australia has compiled a comparison of visas currently available for growers to sponsor workers, as of February 2020. You can download this here.
View further information on labour by following the below links:
Read below the details of the NEW Horticulture Industry Labour Agreement, available to assist growers to sponsor skilled workers.