Export Market Access
The Australian industry is a global player with market access to over 50 countries. Despite having just 3 per cent of world production, Australian citrus is renowned in overseas market for its high quality and safe production.
On average Australia exports one third of its production, and export volumes have achieved new benchmarks annually since 2015.
Citrus Australia supports market access policy that:
- Promotes Free Trade Agreements
- Supports improvements and maintenance of market access protocols
- Recognises industry’s commitment and investment in export
- Prioritises the objectives of mature horticulture industries
- Recognises the immediate impact of improvements in protocols
- Promotes and assists the simplification of interstate market access
Citrus Australia’s recent news on Export Market Access
20 December 2019 – Australian citrus exports pass $500m mark
29 October 2019 – Citrus Australia opposes excessive Government increases to export fees and charges