The Australian citrus industry is largely situated in rural and remote regions.
Governments must work to supply affordable and reliable energy to rural Australia.
Citrus Australia supports policy that:
- Delivers affordable and reliable energy to rural and regional Australia
- Delivers sustainable energy
- Supports and promotes a competitive energy market
- Supports maintenance of domestic gas reserves to ensure a competitive gas and electricity supply price
- Reduces costs in the supply chain
Citrus Australia’s recent news on Energy
16 June 2020 – Reducing costs through solar expansion
3 February 2020 – Solar irrigation system meets daily demand of citrus trees