Leeton workshop: Freshcare food safety update
25 September 2019
Citrus Australia will hold a free workshop in Leeton on Wednesday, October 2, to help growers and packers understand the latest changes to Freshcare.
As of July 1, 2019, Freshcare updated the Food Safety & Quality Standard to version 4.1 (FSQ4.1) and the Freshcare Rules to version 4.3.
Freshcare FSQ4.1 update work shops have recently been held in Griffith, Renmark and Waikerie with strong attendance in all regions.
These work shops are free and designed to bring an existing Freshcare registered business up to date with version 4.1 requirements.
Freshcare FSQ4.1 training is also offered for growers/packers new to food safety.
The training will be held at the Leeton Soldiers Club, corner Acacia and Yanco Avenue, Leeton.
FSQ4.1 training for new participants: 8.30am- 1pm
FSQ4.0 to FSQ4.1 update workshops for existing participants: 2-3pm
If you have already been trained to FSQ4.0 you do not need to attend a FSQ4.1 half day training session. If you would like to know more about the update to version 4.1 please attend the free work shop.
Things to note:
- You have until 31 December 2019 to implement changes to your food safety system and transition to FSQ4.1.
- The majority of changes to the Standard relate to the management aspects of compliance.
- A review and update to your system with the resources provided should be relatively straightforward and only take a few hours to complete.
- Most of the FSQ4 forms have not changed or require modification.
- Updates to the internal audit report template will be provided, to ensure changes from FSQ version 4 to 4.1 are addressed.
- You can choose to be audited to FSQ4 until 31 December 2019.
- From 1 January 2020 all grower and packer businesses will be audited to FSQ4.1.
- You do not need to attend any further training sessions if you have already been trained to FSQ4. Any new participants will be trained to FSQ4.1 from 1 July 2019.
- Resources, including training webinars, will be made freely available on the Freshcare website to assist businesses in the transition to FSQ4.1. Hard copy materials will also be provided by Freshcare from 1 July 2019.
All enquiries can be made to Nicole Zerveas by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0499 044 111 or Mara Milner by email email@example.com or phone 0499 994 592.
Freshcare website: www.freshcare.com.au
HARPS website: www.harpsonline.com.au