Looking to be part of the Citrus Australia community? Before getting into the nitty gritty, check out our benefits for both growers and affiliates here, along with answers to some frequently asked questions.
Citrus Australia offers two types of annual membership, which are paid per calendar year:
|Membership Type||Membership Fee|
(for Australian citrus growers)
|$22.78 (inc. GST) per hectare, or $284.48 (minimum fee)|
(whichever is greater)
Any grower joining part way through the year will have their fee reduced, pro-rata.
All Australian citrus growers can register with Citrus Australia as a levy payer for free.
Eligibility and requirements
Here are some things you should know about your application. Under the Citrus Australia Constitution:
- You are eligible to become a Grower Member, if you own, lease or both occupy and manage a farm. A farm is defined as a single parcel of land of at least 1 hectare, upon which at least 450 citrus trees (bearing fruit) are planted in order to harvest the fruit for commercial sale.
- If you have purchased land and plan to plant citrus, you are eligible to become a Grower Member for the minimum annual fee ($284.48).
- Only 1 person from your business can apply to be a Grower Member and vote (but we can add other staff to our database and mailing list so you can all stay up to date with the latest). 1 hectare equals 1 vote.
- If you are not a grower, but work closely with the citrus industry, such as packing sheds, marketers, distributors, retailers, processors, or suppliers of good and services to the citrus industry, you can become an Affiliate Member.
- You are not eligible to apply for an Affiliate Membership if you grow citrus in Australia.
- You must fill in an application form to apply for membership, however you do not become a member until the Board approves your application. They may ask you for more information about yourself and your business during this process. This will be done no later than the next Board Meeting (every 6-8 weeks).
- As a Grower Member, your membership fee will be calculated pro-rata based on how many days are left in the year, and this must accompany your application. If your application is denied, we will refund your money within the month.
- If any of your contact information changes, it is your responsibility to inform us.
- To support our non-profit organisation, we need you to update the number of producing hectares on your farms each year, and pay your membership fees on time. If you’re more than 90 days late, your membership will be cancelled and you will revert back to a (free) Levy Payer registration.
- Becoming a member not only means we will support you as much as possible, but that we expect the same in return, and that you will act in a manner that furthers the objectives Citrus Australia.
- If you conduct yourself in a way which is unbecoming of a Citrus Australia member, or which is prejudicial or adverse to the interests of us or the Australian citrus industry generally, your membership will be revoked. First, we will give you 30 days written notice and an opportunity to defend your motives, after which a vote will be made by the Board.
If you’d like to read the full Constitution to understand your rights as a Citrus Australia member, you can do so here.