Leading the way to transparency in permanent trade
23 December 2020
At Waterpool, we are a bit different to other water intermediaries, we are 100% Australian, member-owned and a Not for Profit. So, we believe that our Permanent Traderoom should reflect our values and respond to our customers by offering some new features which you will not find anywhere else.
While we have always strived to provide transparent market driven platforms for allocation trading through our Traderoom and Pooled Exchange, we have been working on a Traderoom for Permanent Entitlement trades that will provide the same. Permanent Entitlement trading is no less important, and we believe that pricing of Water Share parcels may be influenced by the fluctuations in Allocation price and how parcel sales are recorded. e.g., Wet or Dry and $0 value trades.
We have moved to address the separation of Allocation volume pricing from Water entitlement price for all Permanent Trades with our NEW Live 24/7 Permanent Traderoom.
Not only will this provide traders with the relevant information for current offers when looking to buy or sell, but the trade history will provide true and transparent reporting for all.
What is different?
- Transparent trading through the separation of Water Share and Allocation price, allows for the clear pricing of the Water Share without seasonal Allocation price fluctuations interfering with the market price.
- Traders will nominate the price of the Water Share and a second price for any Allocation volume attached to the sale.
- Trades history will provide accurate pricing of all trades and will meet the obligations of the Water Register for Permanent Entitlement reporting and reason for trade regarding Allocation attached to a permanent parcel.
- Any allocation attached to a Permanent trade has a set volume and price clearly provided and will be reported through the Water Register as per the terms of the contract and as at the contracted date.
- Any Allocation determined following the exchange of contract will be deemed to be the buyers, and the only time a zero-value trade will be recorded, will be to transfer this component of Allocation at settlement.
Take a look at our website www.waterpool.org.au for more information or call us on 03 5853 2333.