Dear Growers and Members,
Citrus Australia is pleased to share with you their Guide to COVID-19 in the Orchard & Packing Shed. This is a one-stop shop for citrus growers and packers dealing with COVID-19 in the workplace, and has been developed based on information available to our team from meetings with federal and state government in both health and agriculture departments, and with industry bodies and stakeholders.
Aside from the guide, we have sent regular updates via email to all growers and packers registered with Citrus Australia. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see links to each of our updates so far. As of July 2020, we will no longer send these regularly, however the guide will continue to be updated when needed, as will the website.
To view other useful COVID-19 information on our website, just click on each of the above tabs which include:
- Workforce (including the WHM, SWP & PLS)
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Exports and Supply
- Citrus Marketing
Please be assured that Citrus Australia is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. Misinformation and fear can spread quickly, and we want to discourage false statements from circulating. If you’re looking for trusted, up-to-date information, we recommend visiting these specific coronavirus information sites:
- the World Health Organization’s website
- the Commonwealth Government’s website
- State Government websites
- New South Wales Government (Healthdirect 1800 022 222)
- Northern Territory Government (National Coronavirus Information Helpline – 1800 020 080)
- Government of South Australia (COVID-19 Information Line – 1800 253 787)
- Queensland Government (13 Health 13 432 584)
- Victorian Government (Coronavirus Hotline – 1800 675 398)
- WA Government (National Coronavirus Information Helpline – 1800 020 080)
The Coronavirus Health Information Line (1800 020 080) operates 24 hour a day, seven days a week. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
If you have any feedback on how COVID-19 is impacting your business, or any questions you are seeking answers to, please email email@example.com so we can continue to escalate these in our meetings with government, and collaboration with industry.
Stay safe, and wash your hands.